How Do I Make My Pool Party a Smash Hit?
Do you have your mind set on throwing a pool party destined to be a complete success? OK, before we begin, let us just say good for you: there are numerous reasons why pool parties are awesome, and we’re glad you want to have one!
Now, there are several components to throwing a totally fun pool party, like putting together a list of essential items for a great pool party, how to find the best company that organizes swimming pool party rentals in San Diego, choosing the theme… But, let’s start by looking at the staples of a good pool party.
What makes a good pool party?
Even if you just rent a swimming pool, take your friends there, and say “Hey, we’re having a pool party!”, it’s going to be awesome. However, if you want to throw a custom pool party, there simply has to be some planning involved.
And while the mere concept of planning may sound dull and uninspiring, even the process of planning a pool party can be fun, and often is. Here are some of the most important secrets to hosting a totally amazing pool party that will leave your guest speechless:
- Invitations – It all begins with the invites. Now, you can choose to send out texts or emails, but that doesn’t sound too fun now, does it? Take some time to create vibrant, interesting invitations that will show just how amazing the party’s going to be.
- Decorations – What’s a pool party without crazy summer decorations? You can literally go crazy with these. Start thinking in terms of tiki torches, streamers, palm trees, and anything else you can think of.
- Drinks – Why should the drinks at your party be conventional? You can even have them themed if you try hard enough. Make sure to offer several different cocktails: nothing says pool party like a delicious cocktail, and don’t forget that some of them should be virgin, per everybody’s taste.
- Snacks – Pool party snacks are all about the delicate balance between healthy and junk. An assortment of fresh fruit is often a good counterpart to an array of salty treats, such as pretzels or chips.
- Floats – Floats are a must for a memorable pool party. There is no reason to think that floats are only for kids. In fact, you will find it extremely difficult to curb your adult guests’ enthusiasm once they spot and get their hands on these babies. Just make sure that your floats are large enough.
- Music – There’s no party without a cool soundtrack, and that goes double for pool parties. You can use one of the super-convenient streaming services to play some chill summertime songs, or you can choose to go old-school and create a playlist on your own.
- Sunscreen – Not all guests will remember to bring pool party essentials, and applying sun protection is really important if you’re about to spend a couple of hours by the pool. That is why you should not forget to organize a sunscreen station.
- Lounging – Not everyone’s going to be eager to spend all the time in the pool, and some people don’t like spending time in water at all. Do yourself a favor and get a couple of cozy lounge chairs for your less-than-enthusiastic pool-goers.
- Phone cases – And of a waterproof variety. If you’re hosting a pool party, you want to be able to document it. These waterproof phone cases allow you to take crazy shots that will look incredible on social media. No filter needed!
- Games – To take things up a notch, consider organizing fun poolside games for all your friends to participate in and enjoy. Just don’t overdo it. Try to keep the games simple enough for everyone to follow and take part in without trying too hard.
- Pests – An amazing pool party can quickly turn into a disastrous free-for-all if all kinds of nasty pests start showing up. Make a plan of how you’re going to protect your guests from mosquitoes and other pesky insects. Think basil or lavender-based repellents which are natural and efficient with a pleasant scent.
What is a good time for a pool party?
As easy as it may seem, deciding on the date and time of day for your upcoming pool party is easier said than done. It’s not just about when it suits you best. You have to think about everybody’s schedules so all your favorite people can make it to the party and take other factors into account, such as the availability of the pool.
But as a general rule of thumb, pool parties are pre-dinner parties, especially if you want to include some swimming and pool games while it’s nice and hot outside. So, the ideal time for a pool party to start would be 3:00PM. It should last for two or three hours.
Alternatively, you can choose to have a nighttime pool party, which is also a great idea, but there’s probably going to be a lot less swimming, if any, and you will need to plan different activities instead. Nighttime pool parties are usually parties that happen around the pool, not in it.
“Where can I inquire about swimming pool rental for a party in San Diego?”
Well, at the Plunge San Diego, where else? Our outdoor swimming pool is an ideal location for the pool party of your dreams. You can reserve our pool for a private pool party for up to 20 people, and we can also see about arranging some food and drinks for you guys too.
So, if you want to do as the fish at Birch Aquarium do, feel free to contact us as soon as you want to, and we’ll see about arranging a reservation for your pool party. Contact us today!