How to Organize a Birthday Pool Party?
So, you’re planning a birthday party at a pool? You’ve got all the ideas for a pool birthday sorted out, you know all the games kids should play at the party, and you’re definitely starting to realize why organizing a birthday pool party is such a great idea?
Well, all that is great to hear, but have you thought “Where can I rent a pool for a birthday party near me?” No? Have you thought about all the other minutiae of a birthday pool party? No? Perhaps you still need some help with the organization then? Don’t worry, we’ve got your back!
How to plan a birthday pool party?
If you’re looking to plan a birthday party, be it for kids or for adults, there are some boxes you have to tick if you want it to be a smashing success:
- Guest list – First things first, you need to plan who you’re going to invite.
- Invitations – Next up, you should write, print, or make the invitations. Leave some more time for it if you plan on making creative invitations, like floatie invitations, and always make a couple of additional invitations, just in case.
- Fun drinks – Try to make the drinks stations pop by making fun and unusual drinks for the kids to enjoy.
- Snack spread – Where there are drinks, there should be food too, especially at a birthday party. Try to make bite-size snacks, so kids can eat them on the fly.
- Floats – Never forget pool floats, be they regular, or giant ones. They’re all the rage!
- Music – Make sure to place the speakers around the pool, so that kids can enjoy their favorite music. Just remember to take all the safety precautions.
- Playlist – Speaking about favorite music, make sure to check with your kid what’s hot currently, so you can play the right tunes.
- Protection section – Make sure to plan for every occasion. Setting up a place where kids can apply sunscreen is really important.
- Coziness – Try to set up cozy places to sit all around the pool. All the better if they’re waterproof.
- Phone cases – Waterproof, you say? Well, then, get some waterproof phone cases, so you can document even the underwater moments.
- Games & activities – Make sure to plan lots of fun and interesting games and activities for the youngsters.
- Pests – Coming back to precautions, make sure you take every measure against pesky pests coming to your birthday pool party.
- Nighttime? – Finally, if you’re feeling really adventurous and if the kids are a bit older, why not make it a nighttime pool party?
What to bring to a birthday pool party?
If you’re either taking or chaperoning your kids to a birthday pool party, it’s normal and courteous of you to think about what you should bring to it. However, the answer to this question is rather easy, as you should only think about bringing
- Food – Food is always welcome at birthday parties as there can never be enough snacks. If you’re feeling adventurous, make it water-themed food and you’re golden.
- Drinks – Also, why not make some refreshing drinks to bring to the party as well? A pitcher of an unusual beverage will not go unnoticed.
On the other hand, if you’re worried about what your child should bring to a birthday pool party, think about the following:
- Sunglasses – The first part of sun protection, sunglasses are a must for any pool party.
- Sunscreen – The second part of sun protection, give your kid some sunscreen to bring, in case there’s no sunscreen station at the party.
- Towel – Never let your kid go to a birthday pool party without a towel.
- Floatie – Yes, there are probably floaties at the party, but one more can’t hurt.
- Change of clothing – Finally, never forget to bring a change of clothing for your kids.
What to wear to a birthday pool party?
While we’re on the topic of clothing, let’s see what your kid should wear to a birthday pool party:
- Sandals – Sandals are the best choice of footwear. Flip-flops are also good if that is your child’s preference.
- Shorts – Shorts are a great choice for the trip to the pool party if you’re taking a boy.
- T-shirt – Again, for boys, T-shirts are the best option.
- Dress – On the other hand, if you’re taking a girl, perhaps a light summer dress with the swimsuit under it is the best choice.
- Swimwear – Don’t forget the swimwear. Whatever your child prefers, let him or her wear that. But, don’t forget to bring a change of swimwear, just in case.
- Warmer clothing – If you’re planning for every occasion, bring some warm clothing as well, such as a sweatshirt. You never know, right.
- Socks – Finally, bring a pair of socks too. They always come in handy.
“Where can I rent a swimming pool for my kid’s birthday party near me?”
If you’re looking for the perfect place to host a birthday pool party for your kid, look no further than The Plunge San Diego. We offer an incredible location, beautiful surroundings, and a great swimming pool.
Plus, we offer an array of great add-ons that you can include to take your kid’s pool party to the next level! All you need to do is invite your friends and show up! Stop by our pool on your way back from the Maritime Museum of San Diego and see what we offer. We know you’ll love it!